We’re here to help your property reach its full potential, and that doesn’t stop at the grass! We also offer tree and shrub care in Nashville. Our experts will ensure your ornamentals look great all year long, which increases your curb appeal and raises the value of your home. Trust Southern Spray for great services at an affordable price!
Year-Round Tree Services
As the seasons change, so do the needs of your landscaping. Our tree and shrub services include seven treatments throughout the year to keep your plants looking great. During each visit, we’ll also inspect your plants for early signs of diseases, insect infestations, and maintenance issues to solve any problems before they get out of hand.
Our tree and shrub services in Nashville include:
- Deep root fertilization to ensure your plants have all the nutrients they need to thrive
- Insect control to prevent damage to foliage, branches, and bark
- Disease control to stop fungal issues from killing your ornamentals
- Selective sprays for mites, bagworms, and lace bugs
- Slow-release granular fertilizer to winterize your plants
- Dormant oil sprays to prevent overwintering insects like scale
How Deep Root Feeding Works
Unlike normal fertilizer applications, deep root fertilizer is injected into the soil. We’ll inject it around the root system so your plants can easily absorb all the needed nutrients, which then travel up the tree. This is a great option to help your plants recover from the winter, and for ornamentals with severe nutrient deficiencies.
Tree Diseases You’re Up Against
Most homeowners know when something is wrong with their ornamentals, but it can be tricky to identify what exactly the problem is—especially if it’s a disease caused by a fungus or bacteria. While a visit from the professionals is the best way to identify what’s wrong, you can keep an eye out for these signs of powdery mildew, fire blight, and septoria leaf spot. If any of these sounds like something happening on your property, don’t hesitate to give us a call!
- Powdery mildew: This is caused by a fungus that results in a white, powder-like coating on your plants. It can spread quickly from one branch to the entire tree, and can even jump to different trees. Powdery mildew can ruin your plants’ appearance, stunt growth, and kill leaves.
- Fire blight: Despite its name, this disease doesn’t have anything to do with actual fire. It’s a contagious disease that affects apple trees, pear trees, and other members of the Rosaceae plant family. It causes foliage to shrivel up and blacken, which can make it look like the tree has been burned.
- Septoria leaf spot: This fungal disease commonly affects dogwoods, although it can be found on any species of tree. It causes small rust-colored spots on leaves or flowers. The affected areas will dry out and lose their leaves, stunting the plant’s growth. Spores can survive in piles of leaves and be carried by the wind, infecting other trees.
Exceptional Customer Service
Taking care of your ornamentals can be difficult, especially if you’re doing it all on your own. For hassle-free services, trust Southern Spray. We’re dedicated to giving you the best service possible, which includes open communication, quality products, and reliable work. When you partner with us for tree and shrub care in Nashville, we know you’ll like the results!